Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hope reigns

Today I feel proud and happy for my daughter, the citizen of United States of America, one of the greatest democratic countries in the world. I am envious of her, I wish we would have such a leader for India. I am not a very political person, but this election in America was a big event and I got sucked into it a little. Watching the polls, the SNL digs at Sarah Palin, the great speeches by Barack Obama and now with him elected, I see how people have stepped forward for their country and made a choice. I feel ashamed that I have only voted twice in my country.

I had goose bumps all over me when I listened to the victory speech made by Obama. This line makes me warm and fuzzy and proud and all that........"If there is anyone out there who still .... questions the power of ... democracy, tonight is your answer ... It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of ... States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

I really hope and pray that this man brings about a positive change to USA and the other parts of the world.

No comments: