Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Acknowledging

After the Bok Fu class for the daughter, I was in no mood to go home and cook, so we stopped by this Subway place on Park St to get a sandwhich. I ordered a footlong veggie sandwhich. The lady/student making the sandwhich asked me if I did not eat meat. I said I did not, and she immediately went and washed the knives used to cut the sandwhich, and also wore fresh gloves before she started making the sandwhich. I was very thrilled to see someone do this. I thanked her profusely and did tell her that she was the first person who offered to wash the knives. It feels nice not to insist on them changing the gloves. I wish this kind of service will be provided in other places too. I have eaten so many times earlier when I know that my food has been in contact with meat and may not seem like a big deal. But this one time I felt quite touched by her gesture and I had to blog about this. So thankyou Subway lady!


No comments: