Tuesday, June 30, 2009

My love for watermelon is forever

Watermelon is one reason why I can tolerate summer and the heat.Of course now in the US I can get my hands on this fruit in all seasons but my childhood memories are different.I can eat this fruit all day and not tire of it. My parents always made sure that there was watermelon at home in summer and the taste of chilled watermelon on a hot day is just yumm, brings back all these sweet memories. Even now every summer whenever my parents buy watermelon they think of me. They tell me about it when I call them and it warms my heart. The Mr also knows my love for watermelon and he will pick it up anytime he is grocery shopping. What can I say this sweet and refreshing fruit makes my day.


A fun fact, watermelon is 92% water and has no fat or cholesterol and is an excellent source of vitamins A, B6 and C and contains fiber and potassium. So I'd say all you folks out there go indulge in some watermelon.

“When one has tasted watermelon he knows what the angels eat” ~Mark Twain

No comments: