Monday, June 29, 2009

Green and all its shades

My mom and dad love gardening and growing up with both the parents so much into it, some of it has rubbed off on me. Though I have time and space constraints, I have managed to keep alive some plants in my balcony. I love watching them grow. I don't spend as much time in my balcony as I should but I am proud of what is growing out there :) I do miss having a house with a yard. It is a dream of mine to have a lovely green garden with a swing, so I can sit down and watch the plants grow. I am also liking the art of photographing nature and beautiful things. I just have a Canon Powershot S3 IS, nothing fancy.


Spider plants ( Chlorophytum comosum) are one of the most common of houseplants and are native to Africa.


A striking dark purple succulent( Aeonium arboreum var. atropurpureum ).


The Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata) is quite easy to grow and it’s the plant that’s the most efficient at removing formaldehyde (the most common indoor air pollutant).


The Chinese Money Tree ( Pachira Aquatica) is a unique plant from the Orient which Feng Shui Masters recommend for improving wealth & prosperity.

No comments: